Monday, September 10, 2007

Modern Quilt Wrap

Sadly, I had a really crappy work day.. Only to come home to no dinner made, my running out to get M new sneakers (an apparent physical education emergency), then home to have a couple mouthfuls of broccoli slaw, then off to take C to soccer practice, and then to 'meet the teacher' night... Folks... I knit to decompress... It's a Monday night.. and I normally am not this manic til Friday..... so WHY... WHY after umpteen attempts to casting on for this godforsaken wrap.. can I NOT knit!...It's just garter stitch.. for crying out loud...! I have never ever been as frustrated as I am right now with this... I've tried Addis. I tried casting on to a larger needle.. I went out and bought new bamboo needles.. only to come home and start again realizing I went and bought the same size 8's I already had!!!!
WTH is wrong with me... ???? I just spent some $120+ on yarn for the damn thing..and all I can do is look at the pretty colors...? NOT !!! I'm ready to SCREAM! and OH.. my yarn (Plymouth Outback in Taupe) that I can go back to eating came in.. YAY!? So I can pick that up tomorrow and finish up the 3D scarf...
It's 8:42 PM.. I'm going to bed, b/c if one more person asks me to do one more task, I will surely go postal...
Good Night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does three go-rounds of Silver Belle and a migraine trump your night? Nah, I didn't think so, but still! Don't worry, Judy will help you get started, and you'll be happy as a colorful clam.

a friend to knit with said...

oh.....those nights you can't do one more thing.....i have them too.

that reminds me....i have a parent meeting tonight! ahhh!

MadMad said...

Mondays suck man. Well, Tuesdays, too. Also Wednesdays, Thursday and most Fridays. Definitely the weekends. Maybe it's not the days, but the kids, and their damn incessant need for dinner, soccer cleats that fit, school supplies... Oh. Sorry. This is your blog. I'll just head on back over to mine now to finish whining. Hope your knitting works out.