Thursday, May 3, 2007

Nano Nano - Noni!!!!

Nobody under 38 would even recall "Nano Nano" ... I'm sure... :)

So, My friend Kim (http://chronicennui.typepad.com) and I were in the LYS, a few months ago, and saw a finished Noni bag w/ the camellia flowers.. Absolutely gorgeous.. We then decided WE both needed to make one too :)

Kim is a MUCH quicker knitter than I.. her's is already complete... She even beaded her center bobbles... which came so pretty... I elected to use a fuzz ( I'm NOT a fan of FunFur - which is rather ironic, as that is what I first learn to knit with some 2+ years ago).. I've come come along way baby.. ;o)

So far, I've completed the bag and one flower... I have to make atleast 2 more flowers. The flowers are actually fun to knit.. The pattern is simple and easy to remember after the first or second petal... I'm a novice and over 40 so I forget stuff :)

Here's a pic of the camellia








Here's a pic of bag w/ the lone camellia... I't actually rather LARGE.. right now..





I still have to felt it and find some handles that I LOVE to attach... My goal is to give this to my Sis as a gift for her b-day....

ALSO, I wanted to mention that I ordered these sew on labels from the UK.. The pic isn't really doing it justice...My camera just won't zoom in that far.. Sorry...I was a little leary of buying something like this over the internet without seeing it first.. BUT, they came out beautiful...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! First, of course I remember Nano Nano! Second, thank you for the shout out to my as-yet-unfinished Noni bag. I am stuck in the "sewing" phase though. I may have to toss it over to my sewing mom. And third, I just bought those SAME labels!! Great minds....

a friend to knit with said...

I remember nano, nano! I guess I must be dating myself! :)
The bag is great! and so are your labels!