This past weekend I decided to felt the bag and then 2 flowers... During the felting process, I've realized 2 important things.. I need a new washer!!! and as it turned out later while doing the family laundry...a new dryer...!!!! it took 5 cycles to felt that darn bag...5!...but it did come out nicely..
I decided to felt 2 flowers ahead of schedule, b/c I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted the center bobbles.. the first one, I added in some fizz/fur stuff that I saw at the LYS, which I really liked at the time.. but when i did it.. the results were not the same... I think the finished flower I saw at the LYS was double stranded.
The second flower I just kept plain, felted it.. then hand-sewn some pretty glass seed beads..
I've shown a few folks, and they all have declared that the beaded one is the prettier of the two.. Therefore, I'm moving forward with creating 2 more flowers and I'll bead those and sew to the bag..
The next dilemma is finding handles... the norm found at LYS just appeared too small for the bag... I guess I could create i-cord ones.. but I've never done that before . and I really wanted to be done with this project.. I'm happy with the results.. but I'm an instant gratification person.. :)
So this weekend I'm off to some craft stores, to hunt me down some handles ... Wish me luck!