Friday, December 12, 2008

NYC say wha?

So I finished another Scarf. I really love this color.. It's Malabrigo's Vermillion.. It's a tone on tone.. Dark Red with a lighter red tone.. NO PINK...
My back is on the mend.. I've been doing nothing but popping pills and laying flat for the last 2 weeks or so. I couldn't even knit... I threw my back out by taking polish of me toes!!! WTH? So when doctors state that the reason why I have back issues is due to weak abdominal muscles.. BULL SHIT!... Fact is.. I have a bad back... and will always just get pedicures. period

Any how... 

This past week, I had a business trip to NYC.. Now, I had my trip all planned.. Wednesday, I would leave class at the normal time 4pm... get to Tender Buttons, then onto Purl... OK.. so my class didn't get out til after 5 , took me 15 min to find a cab, then traffic and $$ later.. I got to TenderButtons late and they closed early.. onto Purl.. and I missed that too!.. I was so upset.. went back to my hotel and sulked..

Couple of tidbits from my trip.. My instructor chewed food with his mouth open.. I don't mean ajar.. I mean lip smacking open with every chew... I could hear this from 15 feet away... I had to leave the room...
Then the next day, my lab partner. During lecture, slowly rips about 1/4 page out of training manual, slowly crumbles it up and EATS it... Chews on it for about 20 min and then it was gone... Once I picked myself up off the floor I just stared and stared some more......
I just couldn't help myself... 

Have a good week.. Mine can only go up from here!

4 comments:

t does wool said...

sorry about missing the buttons and PURL...next time, do that first ;-)...you know,the important stuff!...Love the scarf...glad you're on the mend.

Mary said...

How disappointing missing out on the shops. The scarf came out beautiful. Hope your back is feeling better!

MadMad said...

I didn't know you were injured or traveling or in class! I'm so sorry about the injury and about missing your stores! What a bummer! Did the lab partner explain why he/she ate the piece of paper? (I made the ruffles in the Malabrigo that has pink in it's red... it ended up looking a little to tie-dye-y for the recipient's taste...) Maybe I'll go see if they have vermillion left - yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so since I got the daily play-by-play, I can honestly say that I'm still flabbergasted about the paper-eating incident more than any of the other horrible things that occurred. Just think, now you're back and we can just complain about our normal coworkers. We'll have to plan a trek to TB and Purl.