Friday, April 13, 2007

Just a few of my favorite things...




This is the first hat that I've ever made.... This hat I made as a Xmas gift for my daughter C.. with Patons SWS Denim... C's favorite color is BLUE... BLUE.. everything BLUE...


The hat came out very pretty..but the yarn was tricky.. slippery on the needles and it would split a little too much for me.


She also then complained it was TOO itchy.. Oh well.. I'm living and learning !


A couple of months ago, Friend 'K' and I attended a magic loop class.. It was great.. I made my first pair of toe up baby socks.. and they came out too stinking cute... I just have to find a friend who has a baby girl to give them too .. I'm WAYY.. past having more babies.. :)





Once I felt more comfortable with the magic loop technique, I decided I'd try the 'adult' version. I used Claudia's Handpainted in Sherbert..


I love this yarn.. knits like a dream.. and the results were stunning. I also have a hank left over!!! drat the luck of a larger stash.... LOL





I am forever in awe by what one can create with beautiful yarn!

1 comment:

Chronic Ennui said...

Welcome to blogland! Cami is too cute, and I love the socks. You friend, "K"